Posted on January 3, 2023
Reports to: Mechanical Engineer
Builds, maintains and repairs eMatrix’s Prototypes and Products such as battery modules and packs. Responsible for preparing parts for module and pack assembly, assembling battery modules and packs, supporting testing and diagnosing of sub-assemblies, modules and packs. Works under general supervision. Takes active part in product and process improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create Engineering Drawings
- Conduct concept studies and develop energy packaging solutions
- Design and detail parts and assemblies (mechanical, electrical and thermal)
- Assist with prototype builds as required
- Support and coordinate BOM, change and product configuration management
- Perform tolerance stack-ups, apply GD&T and do basic engineering calculations and simulations as required
Education & Experience
- Minimum 1 years of experience as CAD designer
- Experience with commercially available CAD software
- Experience with Fusion360 is preferred
- Experience with battery systems design is preferred
- Experience using PLM software preferred
- Experience designing for injection molding, casting, sheet metal, wire harness is preferred
- Good understanding of mechanical and material principles
- Good understanding of different production and fabrication methods
- MS Office Suite
- Fast learner
- Very good communications and teamwork skills
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for CAD Designer
To be considered for an open position with eMatrix Energy Systems, Inc, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. Or you can email your cover letter and resume directly to the indicated email address on the job posting above - please put your last name and the position you are applying to in the subject line. (i.e. If your name is John Doe and you are applying to the Assembly Technician position, please put Doe, Assembly Technician in the subject line.) We will review your submission and contact you as needed.