Posted on October 5, 2022
Reports to: CTO
The Controls Engineer develops prototype and production control systems for battery packs and battery pack manufacturing systems, using model-based algorithm development, automated code generation and calibration tools. Delivers tested and optimized control systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop model-based embedded application software in Matlab/Simulink.
- Calibrate and troubleshoot control systems.
- Solve urgent and complex problems and evaluate alternatives.
- Develop control algorithms for battery management systems and automation systems.
- Understand electrical interface between components and control systems.
- Collaborate with the electrical team on wire harness schematic design/troubleshooting.
- Prioritize time/effort between multiple concurrent projects.
- Create/modify dynamic simulations of electrical and mechanical systems.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering required. MS or PhD preferred.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink model-based control software development.
- Ability to understand complex electronic and mechanical systems and apply knowledge to algorithm design.
- Mechatronic integration.
- Battery management systems.
- Communications networks (CAN, Ethernet, SPI).
- 3D printing and gcode development.
- Programming in C/C++ and Python.
- Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Ability to complete project goals and monitor overall program status.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passion, diligence, and integrity.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Physical Aspects of the Job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit, walk, talk, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel, depending on company needs.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Constant gross hand and finger dexterity, grasping and manipulating.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office.
- The employee must be able to perform all duties while working under a deadline
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Controls Engineer
To be considered for an open position with eMatrix Energy Systems, Inc, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. Or you can email your cover letter and resume directly to the indicated email address on the job posting above - please put your last name and the position you are applying to in the subject line. (i.e. If your name is John Doe and you are applying to the Assembly Technician position, please put Doe, Assembly Technician in the subject line.) We will review your submission and contact you as needed.