Posted on October 3, 2022
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
The Manufacturing Process Engineer is assigned to the manufacturing department charged with designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the production processes needed to deliver products to customers. Designs and implements systems and equipment procedures used in manufacturing facilities. Their main duties include testing and monitoring equipment, updating current system processes and conducting risk assessments. This is a generalist position requiring wide ranging manufacturing and assembly background in component and vehicle level operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with product design engineers to understand the manufacturing capabilities and capacities needed to deliver products in a timely manner, in the right quantities and at specified quality levels.
- Develop and manage internal and external (extended) value stream studies to identify expected performance levels and opportunities for improvement at all stages of product life cycle and delivery.
- Design production processes that support lean and responsible use of scarce resources while delivering high value to the company and its customers.
- Work with the logistics team and supplier partners to specify and design a material transport, storage and handling strategy that minimizes inventory levels and movement to the maximum degree possible.
- Work to ensure that all processes and activities on the shop floor are ergonomically supportive, safe and environmentally friendly to production associates and visitors.
- Work to develop production implementation, ramp-up and run-at-rate plans that meet production demand volumes in a timely manner based on program scheduling.
- Work with equipment manufacturers to specify, design and build production lines, fixtures, tools and material handling equipment needed to manipulate, assemble and manufacture products to specification.
- Work with architects, civil engineers and builders to design and implement infrastructural building changes and improvements needed to support manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Work with quality engineering to design, develop and implement an effective and robust manufacturing and assembly quality plan that supports “zero defect” objectives.
- Assist human resources in designing and developing standard operator training and qualification plans to support production process operator needs.
- Design and develop error-proofing techniques and countermeasures that support achievement of “zero defect” objectives.
- Participate in and support the effective use of team-oriented breakthrough and process Kaizen as means of achieving continual improvement.
- Work to help the product engineering team design parts for manufacturing and assembly on the front end to reduce RPN levels and minimize the need for production error-proofing countermeasures on the backend.
- Develop and deploy an effective productive maintenance plan that ensures the safe, effective and long-lasting operation of production process equipment.
- Participate in and contribute to program team meetings.
- Perform process performance studies and post productivity reports.
- Work with the production scheduling and control team to design, implement and validate the production MRP system.
- Work with operations team members to design, develop and implement the production bills of process for various production facilities and installer centers.
- Perform time studies and write process work instructions.
- Participate in and support all phases of product launch.
- Research, identify, document and publish manufacturing and assembly best practices body-of-knowledge.
- Extensive product launch experience (minimum three years preferred)
- Industrial or manufacturing engineering undergraduate degree from a fully accredited college or university
- Minimum five years experience working in a lean operating environment and on Kaizen continual improvement teams.
- Ten years direct experience working as a process engineer in an automotive or aerospace manufacturing and/or assembly facility
- Five years direct experience in the application and interpretation of GD&T
- Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent statistical problem-solving methods training and certification highly desirable
- Experienced in the use of computer aided manufacturing (AUTOCAD or equivalent acceptable)
- Some experience in the use of process simulation software (SIMUL8, Promodel or equivalent acceptable)
- Ability to complete project goals and monitor overall program status goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Prioritize and handle multiple duties/projects at one time.
- Excellent written communications.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passion, diligence, integrity, and exceptional aptitude.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The Manufacturing Process Engineer is assigned to the manufacturing department charged with designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the production processes needed to deliver products to customers. Designs and implements systems and equipment procedures used in manufacturing facilities. Their main duties include testing and monitoring equipment, updating current system processes and conducting risk assessments. This is a generalist position requiring wide ranging manufacturing and assembly background in component and vehicle level operations.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Manufacturing Process Engineer
To be considered for an open position with eMatrix Energy Systems, Inc, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. Or you can email your cover letter and resume directly to the indicated email address on the job posting above - please put your last name and the position you are applying to in the subject line. (i.e. If your name is John Doe and you are applying to the Assembly Technician position, please put Doe, Assembly Technician in the subject line.) We will review your submission and contact you as needed.