Posted on September 29, 2022
Reports to: Quality Manager
The Quality Technician will have a key role in inspection of incoming product, making quality judgment calls, leading problem solving both internal and with eMatrix suppliers, creating internal quality documents, creating installation center quality documents and working with the design team to document and improve part design issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inspect incoming parts and raw materials for conformance to specifications
- Proficient in use of basic gages (mics, calipers, thread gages, plug gages, etc.)
- Issue proper quality documents when required and follow up on documents until closure
- Assist in creation and refinement of quality processes and procedures
- Assist in the development of the internal quality control processes within the assembly process and end of line test
- Assist with audit program
- Assist with calibration program
- Assist with IATF16949 documentation and certification
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education & Experience
- 2/4 year degree in a technology/manufacturing/engineering related area, or equivalent job experience.
- 2+ years experience in Quality Inspection or Quality Engineering within automotive, aerospace or heavy truck industries.
- 2+ years experience with multiple manufacturing processes including, assembly, wiring, electronics, batteries, stamping and welding.
- 2+ years experience in auditing (internal, LPA and manufacturing) preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with AIAG Core Tools preferred.
- 2+ years experience with automated/manual Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) and software preferred
- 2+ years experience with drawings, CAD and GD&T preferred
- Must be computer literate and have experience in Microsoft Office suite. Must be able to create spreadsheets and charts.
- Must be able to relate & communicate well with people at all levels of organization.
- Must have strong problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Must be a team player and able to work with others.
- Full Time position
- Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, x:xx a.m. to x:xx p.m.
- Occasional flexibility to work evenings or weekends may be required as job responsibilities demand.
- Little to no travel is expected for this position.
- This position mainly operates on the plant floor during work hours but may be expanded to assist and support employees in other departments within the Company.
- The environment may be busy and noisy.
- All required personal protective equipment is provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Quality Technician
To be considered for an open position with eMatrix Energy Systems, Inc, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. Or you can email your cover letter and resume directly to the indicated email address on the job posting above - please put your last name and the position you are applying to in the subject line. (i.e. If your name is John Doe and you are applying to the Assembly Technician position, please put Doe, Assembly Technician in the subject line.) We will review your submission and contact you as needed.