Posted on August 22, 2023
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Builds, maintains and repairs eMatrix’s Prototypes and Products such as battery modules and packs. Engineering technicians are responsible for preparing parts for module and pack assembly, assembling battery modules and packs, supporting installation of products in customers’ applications, testing, diagnosing, repairing, disassembling and assembling parts, and components. Relies on experience, judgment and training to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision. Takes active part in product and process improvement. Applies engineering fundamentals in executing all tasks of assembly and problem root-cause determination.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fabricate metal items using various techniques, such as welding, drilling, grinding, sawing, vertical end mill, lathe, hydraulic shear/brake, MIG/TIG welders, band saws, grinders, miscellaneous hand tools, etc.
- Read and interpret technical drawing. Must be able to read engineering drawing and fabricate parts to print
- Troubleshoot issues with the fabrication or equipment. Modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Set up machines and equipment to match specifications and tolerances
- Validation and inspection of fabricated parts using precision measuring/metrology equipment.
- Familiar with 5S and maintain a safe work environment by following OSHA safety guidelines and eMatrix standards and procedures
- Must be able to draw and dimension simple prints for fabricated parts to be made in CAD
- Participate in prototype builds and other activities as requested when not fabricating parts
- Use a machine shop to fabricate or modify mechanical components or brackets to be used in prototype packs.
- Advise management on required machine shop equipment to meet program goals.
- May test and inspect machines and equipment and work with engineers to eliminate production problems.
- Familiar with standard automotive concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Schedule preventative maintenance, respond to urgent maintenance calls and participate in the creation of emergency preparedness plans.
- Coordinate on-site visits with vendors and contractors for all routine facility maintenance, repairs and building modifications.
- Identify facility deficiencies in terms of function, appearance and compliance issues and analyze potential solutions.
- Ensure optimal functioning of building systems including but not limited to mechanical, fire/life safety, electrical, security, access, equipment and property.
- Perform minor building maintenance.
- Coordinate with managers and all departments on resource assignments and equipment moves.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Relocate equipment, materials, and furniture as necessary.
Education & Experience
- Requires 5+ years of experience as a fabricator or machinist.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2yr degree desired.
- Excellent MIG/TIG welding skills of Aluminum required.
- Applicants should have some fabrication or welding experience, although we are willing to train the right candidate with a strong work ethic.
- Machine and equipment maintenance required.
- Automotive mechanics skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- CAD software knowledge desired.
- Electrical wiring
- Hands on mechanical skill set
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to move up to 50 lbs
- Will be required to complete formal training in certain areas of specialty
- Interest in taking on more responsibility over time and advancing to other positions such as foreman, process
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Apply for Engineering Technician/Fabricator
To be considered for an open position with eMatrix Energy Systems, Inc, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. Or you can email your cover letter and resume directly to the indicated email address on the job posting above - please put your last name and the position you are applying to in the subject line. (i.e. If your name is John Doe and you are applying to the Assembly Technician position, please put Doe, Assembly Technician in the subject line.) We will review your submission and contact you as needed.