Posted on August 23, 2023
Reports to: CTO
The mechanical engineer is responsible for conducting engineering analysis, modeling, designing, releasing and packaging of battery components of eMatrix battery systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform hand and/or computer calculations to determine component strength and durability.
- Perform assembly tolerance stack-ups and assign GD&T to detailed drawings.
- Work with suppliers to identify “best choice” component and assembly solutions.
- Serve as the main technical mechanical interface with component suppliers.
- Support product and prototype design and launch meetings.
- Solve urgent and complex problems and evaluate alternatives.
- Guide the design team to ensure the design follows requirements and best practices.
- Support prototype and production samples build events.
- Tool follow-up and sample evaluation of released components
- Support the creation of Specifications, FMEAs, DVP&R and other technical design documents.
- Maintain design log and best practices manual.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years experience in design of structural components.
- Minimum 3 year experience in Finite Element Analysis of structural components.
- Specific knowledge of and experience with stamping, welding, casting and injection molding is preferred.
- Specific Knowledge of and experience with sheet metal and plastic parts design and analysis is preferred.
- Specific Knowledge of and experience with 3D-printed plastic parts is preferred.
- Experience with Fusion 360 design and analysis tools preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with automotive shock and vibration standards.
- Communication skills to convey information in reports, meetings and status reports
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Analysis, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to review systems, find flaws and pose solutions to those flaws.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Ability to operate under deadlines while still meeting standards.
Physical Aspects of the job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit,walk, talk, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel, depending on company needs.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Constant gross hand and finger dexterity, grasping and manipulating.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office
- The employee must be able to perform all duties while working under a deadline
Why eMatrix Energy Systems, Inc.
- Culture of Innovation
- Comprehensive benefits package including health savings account.
- 401(k) with competitive company match
- Continuous learning and development programs
- Paid holidays
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Apply for Mechanical Engineer
To be considered for an open position with eMatrix Energy Systems, Inc, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. Or you can email your cover letter and resume directly to the indicated email address on the job posting above - please put your last name and the position you are applying to in the subject line. (i.e. If your name is John Doe and you are applying to the Assembly Technician position, please put Doe, Assembly Technician in the subject line.) We will review your submission and contact you as needed.